Monday 21 March 2011

More Experimenting with personal branding


I have taken on board my original idea of black and grey smoke and used Adobe Photoshop to experiment with making it my own. Looking online at some tutorials I have experimented with the wave effect. By drawing a straight line and using the dodge and burn tool I manipulated the line. I then applied a wave effect to it and changed the opacity. The images below show some different screen shots of me experimenting with the design.





In class I presented my final business card idea to Marianna. After taking into consideration her comments I have kept the original concept but changed the text font and my logo. The sqiggle smoke effect was created in Photoshop using the Wave tool, I experimented with some different designs and came up with a black and grey colour theme. I have also made the font a lot lighter and floaty so it fits with the original theme and does not weigh the branding down. I have carried on the theme of the waves by putting them on the back of the card so it appears to be sweeping across the back continuous.

Front



Back



The colours chosen are still black and grey, I know they are not very girly but I want to come across as professional and not use the stereo type pink coloured font you would expect from a female. Im currently working on my website now so will include the website address at a later date when its up and runing. Here is a preview of the index page layout. The website consists of four pages About Me, Portfolio, CV and Contact Me. Every page follows consistency as the links are set in the middle of the page. The black, white and grey theme has been continued throughout the entire website.


Below is a screen shot of my CV. I have continued the ongoing theme of black and grey waves to create a sweeping effect across the page. I have also added it in at the bottom to create continuity and an added effect. The headings of each section are in bold to show their importance and the text is standard size 12 font.



Below is a CV I have created using the same style but experimented with a landscape layout.


No comments:

Post a Comment