Thursday 10 March 2011

Business Card Idea

I saw an advert on the TV the other day promoting a singers album. The advert used a clever technique to create the effect of smoke, I think this look really cool and wanted to try and incorporate this into my personal branding. I decided to experiment in Illustrator with different fonts, logos, colours and layouts. I have used the same colour scheme as before, I feel the black and grey looks professional and stands out against the white background. The logo in the top corner was made from downloading a font from www.dafont.com, I then played around with its positioning and layout on the page. The logo has been place in the top left hand corner of the card. The smoke effect has been added to sweep across the card, continuing with the black and grey theme like the one I saw in the advert. My name is situated in bold, with my mobile number and email address as method of contact. I am pleased with my finished card I think it looks professional and stands out. I will continue this theme throughout my CV, portfolio, blog and sketch book.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jemma,

    Please be sure to upload the changes we talked about in class this week in regards to your personal branding .

    Also, be sure to start with the selection of projects you will be inlcuding in your portfolio.

    Remember to include:

    Name of the project:
    Brief:

    And a brief explanation of conceptual and technical process you went through to achieve your final design.

    Let me know if you have any doubts.

    See you next week,
    Mariana.

    ReplyDelete